We've had SO many people asking us about our visa situation. Just to let you know, we have not heard anything back from Immigration. Our visas officially expired yesterday. Here's the good news...this is exactly what happened last year (minus the initial rejection).
How it went down in 2015:
- We sent our request to reapply in February.
- As our expiration date approached I emailed and called everyone I could in immigration. (It's surprisingly difficult to contact them.) They all said the same thing. "Your documents are being processed. There's nothing you can do. Just wait until you hear back."
- We finally got the reply approving our request one week after our visas expired.
I'll be honest with you. I thought our visa expired a few days from now, so I didn't do any preemptive communication to immigration. Taking into account their response from last year, I think we're fine. Here's why we're not worried.
- God is in control.
- When we got rejected in February of this year the reply letter came within two weeks. We have now been waiting well over two months since we sent our appeal letter.
- We received a letter a few weeks ago from immigration saying they received our docs and they will be reviewed. We received the same letter last year and were approved a month or two later.
We will let you know as soon as we hear back from immigration regarding our visa. We hope it's sooner rather than later, but either way, we trust God. Thank you so much for all your prayers and support, specifically in this area.
Some days it feels scary. Some days we're not worried. Everyday, regardless of how we feel, God is in control.