We're 14 weeks into raising our first kid. My mother-in-law was right when she said it would feel like he's always been here. While it's been incredibly exhausting and stressful at times, Katy and I have found ourselves growing closer together in our marriage.
- We see each other in our boy which helps us love and understand one another more.
- We work together in new ways. If we don't work as a team, the baby wins. :-)
- We have been forced to slow down and evaluate each day as it comes.
- We treasure our conversations more than ever. While Eden is sleeping, one of our favorite things to do is to put on a record (yes, vinyl) and have a cup of coffee together.
- We have to communicate more regarding our wants and needs. Kids drain time, energy, brain power, and emotion. We have to work hard to save some of these for each other.
We are learning everyday what it means to be parents and spouses. Sharing these updates about our lives with you is very important to us. We love and appreciate all your payers and support. You are our friends and family. You are impacting the students of Dublin and our little family. Thank you.
We are encouraged and excited about the future. God is good.