5 reasons the local church should invest resources into university ministry.
- University students understand where society is heading better than anyone.
- They can help the local church communicate effectively to future generations.
- University students are the future leaders of the marketplace and our nations.
- Reaching, training, and releasing disciple-making graduates is like sending finely tuned special forces units into the heart of the world's need.
- University students have fresh perspectives and loads of energy ready to be spent.
- When they catch the vision to spend that energy reaching and discipling their peers, it will inspire and challenge the local church to do the same.
- University students are forming opinions and making decisions that will impact their entire life.
- It can be intimidating but this is THE PERFECT moment to get them thinking about God.
- A local church in a university town has a responsibility to reach it's community including the university and it's students.
- We must not be fearful of the liberal university culture. We must see that this is a moment in these students' lives where they are open to new ideas, curious about life, and are desiring to impact the world.
- We have a responsibility to reach those places in our community…include university students.
If your local church is in a university town, you should be investing resources (time, money, prayer) into the ministry on that campus. If there aren't any ministries on that campus, I challenge you to start one.
If your local church is not in a university town, I challenge you to find the closest university and invest (time, money, prayer) into a ministry on that campus. See if God doesn't bless you for pouring into local missions efforts. (And yes, university ministry is a missions outreach…but that's another blogpost.)
Next week I'll be sharing 5 myths of university ministry. Stay tuned!