Katy and I have been in Springfield, MO the past week doing missionary training with Assemblies of God World Missions. We have learned so much and built many great relationships but I would like to share with you about a church we were in yesterday.
Every fully appointed missionary family at the missionary training school was invited by Life 360 Church to attend service yesterday. It was an experience like nothing I've ever seen. Here are the bullet points of the morning.
- We were greeted with handshakes, hugs, name tags, coffee, and donuts.Every missionary went into different Sunday school classes to share about their ministries.
- All the missionaries lined up in the lobby at every door to the sanctuary during the main service.
- On the pastor's cue the doors swung open.
- We were escorted down the aisles to the stage.
- The congregation gave us a standing ovation for literally 2 minutes (finished off by a shower of confetti).
- Every missionary received a gift. Laptops, iPods, iPads, cameras, etc. (we got a sweet ride suitcase)
- They gave us personalized vertical display banners to use at churches as we raise money.
- They fed us lunch and spent time with us in conversation and prayer.
It was so humbling and exciting to see a church with such a great heart for missions. The congregation truly loves and believes in missions. We were honored to be a part of such an amazing event.